Tuesday, October 28, 2008

fawlkie talkie

sending this into the void.........esp. b/c none of my friends know i have this thing, yet"}..... does the frustration ever cease? it's so difficult to communicate with people sometimes when they don't understand what it's like to have a learning disability. tonight...again..during class, right in the middle of beginning to talk, as soon as i opened my mouth, the words raced through at a millisecond's speed and everything was past and disappeared. i then had no idea what i was going to say and had to express that after everyone was staring at me. it is mortifying that this persists over the years. i've become used to it, but sometimes it bothers me worse than others. i try to place things into perspective and in reality, so many others have more struggles, so i am thankful that it is not as bad as it could be. however, it is difficult. i guess it makes it more difficult when people think of me as a regularly functioning human-being and tease about me being the space cadet, when in reality, i have a legitimate problem.  ...and i have a really good sense of humor and am easy to laugh at myself, but after three decades of the same taunt and misunderstandings.....the bloom is off the rose. *sigh* ohwell, what can you do. move on, move forward.......

1 comment:

  1. It helps others to explain our struggles, like you just did. I think people are a bit more compassionate towards us. I think I’ve got a learning disability sometimes when I see all the mistakes in my writing. I guess we all struggle with something. No one is perfect, take comfort in knowing that there’s a reason that God made you the way you are; He doesn’t make any mistakes and He loves you just the way he made you. In Him we are strong:-)

    Here’s a few hugs and smiles, x,x,x, :-) :-) :-) someone else might need one, pass one on.

    May God Bless…

    ReplyDelete